Hazards for Pets During Summer Vacations

The first thing you should do is keep your pet from eatting any of the following holiday items:

· Drinks with alcohol
· Candy including chocolate
· Chocolate milk
· Coffee including anything that deals with this.
· Molded or rotten foods
· Onions
· Food that is fatty
· Salt
· Yeast dough

All of these can cause serious problems for your pet.

Plants your pet should avoid:

· Lilies: These can be considered deadly to some pets
· Poinsettias: Can cause irritation to pets stomach
· Mistletoe: These can cause toxic problems in pets.
· Holly: Can cause small health problems.

Hazards from Indoor Summer Plants/Decorations

· Water from the tree. Can become stagnate and therefore can become harmful to your pet.
· Electric cords: If your pet should bite this it could cause it to get shocked.
· Ribbons or tinsel: These are choking hazards for animals.
· Batteries: Are deadly because of the acid in them.
· Glass ornaments: Will break if your pet bites them and can cut your pet's throat and stomach.

Your medications:

· Pain medicine
· Cold remedies
· Cancer medicine
· Antidepressants
· Vitamins
· Diet pills

Other Summer Hazards:

· Antifreeze: Is very deadly if your pet should ingest.
· Ice melting products: Cause skin and mouth irritation
· Rats and mouse killers: These can also be deadly for your pet so please keep them put up.
· Direct sunlight
· Without water for some days

Your pet can get poison with some warning or even no warning at all. You should keep phone contacts for the vet and an any emergency vet service close to your home so in case of an emergency you can contact help immediately. If you think that your pet has ingested poisonous items or an item seek medical attention immediately. This could not only help your pet live a healthy life but it might save your pets life if you needed the help.

1 comment:

Heated Pet Beds said...

This is a very good tips for us pet lovers, now I know what things to be avoided to keep my dog safe.